These are the perfect muffins to bake in August! Sweet, plump blueberries are in season, and it seems like almost everyone has zucchini coming out of their ears. Why does everyone seem to grow so much zucchini year after year? Maybe it's so they have an excuse to make loads of delicious zucchini bread :) That's how I do it at least! So, maybe if your neighbor gives you some massive zucchinis from their garden, you can use this recipe to bless them back with some muffins. Or you could eat them all yourself and no one would know. Whatever floats your boat!
GF Zucchini Blueberry Muffins
- 2 cups grated zucchini
- 1 c. almond milk
- 3 eggs
- 2 tsp. vanilla
- 1/2 c. coconut oil, melted
- 1/2 c. maple syrup
- 2 c. gluten free flour
- 1 c. oat flour
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. salt
- 2 tsp. cinnamon
- 1-2 c. fresh blueberries, chocolate chips, or both
- Preheat the oven to 350. Grate the zucchini using a food processor or cheese grater.
- Combine the zucchini, nut milk, eggs, vanilla, coconut oil, and maple syrup in a bowl.
- Combine the flours, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon in another bowl.
- add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients, and stir together until well combined. Add the blueberries and/or chocolate chips.
- Oil two loaf pans or muffin tins, and divide the batter evenly.
- Bake the loaf for 50 minutes, stick a knife in the middle and see if it comes out clean. For the muffins, bake for 25-30 minutes, checking to see if done. Enjoy with butter, jam, almond butter and honey, or by themselves :)