This salad stands out. Go to your local market and find a few herbs, a fresh fruit, some fresh lettuce, and throw it all together. You will be blown away by how it can make your salad go from good to extraordinary. Throw some chicken or fish on there and make it an entire meal! Have fun :D
- 3-4 butter lettuce gems, cut in half
- handful of sorrel leaves, chopped
- handful of basil leaves, chopped
- 1 mandarin orange
- 1 sprig rosemary, chopped
- 2 sprigs fresh thyme, chopped
- 3-4 radishes, sliced
- 1 avocado, sliced or chopped
- Juice of 1 blood orange
- 1-2 Tbs. red wine vinegar
- 2-3 Tbs. olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- Remove the herbs (basil, rosemary, thyme) from the stems and chop into small pieces. Slice the radish. Peel and cut the avocado. Peel and separate the mandarin orange slices.
- Wash the butter lettuce gems and cut in half. Wash and chop the sorrel.
- Arrange the gems on a platter, sprinkle the rest of the ingredients on top.
- Combine all of the dressing ingredients. Drizzle over the salad.