I love eating with the seasons. It's when produce is the most fresh, flavorful and packed with nutrients. This salad is a quick and easy way to experience some of autumn's goodness. I used asian pears from our tree outside, but you could easily use any pear or apple that is in season. Also, the pomegranate isn't necessary, but it just looked so pretty, so why not? :)
- 1 bunch of tuscan kale
- 1 delicata squash
- 1 pear or apple
- Trader Joe's pumpkin spiced pumpkin seeds (pecans would also taste great)
- goat cheese (or feta cheese)
- 1/4 c. olive oil
- 1/8 c. apple cider vinegar
- 2 tsp. maple syrup
- 1 tsp. dijon mustard
- salt and pepper
- Preheat the oven to 400.
- Cut the delicata squash in half lengthwise, remove the seeds with a spoon, and cut each side into thin slices. Place the pieces on a large baking sheet, sprinkle with olive oil, salt, and pepper, and bake for 20-25 minutes.
- While the delicata squash is baking, combine chopped kale, apple slices, goat cheese, and pumpkin seeds.
- Combine all of the dressing ingredients and stir till the oil is no longer separated from the rest of the ingredients.
- Add the cooked delicata squash to the salad, and toss the salad with as much dressing as desired.