- 1 package organic brown rice and quinoa pasta (from Trader Joe's)
- 1 head of cauliflower
- 1 package mushrooms
- 1 red onion
- Large handful chopped kale
- Large handful basil leaves, chopped into smaller pieces
- 1 Tbs. minced garlic
- 4 Tbs. butter
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1 tsp. nutmeg
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 425. Chop the cauliflower into bite size pieces. Place on a pan with olive oil, salt, and pepper. Roast for 20-25 minutes, or until soft.
- While the cauliflower is roasting, boil water for spaghetti noodles. Cook according to package instructions.
- Thinly slice the onion and the mushrooms. Sauté the onions in a little bit of olive oil over medium heat until soft, add the mushrooms and the kale. Continue to cook until the mushrooms and kale are soft as well.
- In a large pan (or the pot you cooked the noodles in), melt the butter over medium heat. Add the garlic and basil and let simmer until slightly browned. Turn on low heat and add the lemon juice. Add the noodles, cauliflower, onion, mushrooms, and kale to the sauce. Stir until everything is coated.
- Top with salt, pepper, nutmeg, and grated parmesan (or goat cheese). Add chicken or sausage if you'd like!